The Fourth Industrial Revolution, 4IR, or Industry 4.0, outlines the rapid change to technology, industries, and societal processes in the 21st century due to increasing interconnectivity and smart automation. The term Industry 4.0 has been used widely in scientific literature and was popularized by Klaus Schwab in 2015, the World Economic Forum Founder and Executive Chairman. Schwab asserts that the changes seen are more than just improvements to efficiency, but express a significant shift in industrial capitalism.
Read our blog posts on Industry 4.0 to see how we are helping our customers leverage Industry 4.0 innovation to drive productivity and efficiency.
Volan Technology is a people-positioning analytics platform that companies use to identify labor cost savings and improve worker safety.
- Volan Technology Architecture Differentiators
- 5 Ways Location Intelligence Can Optimize Warehouse Operations
- Top 5 Reasons Manufacturers Need Location Intelligence
- White Paper: 7 Technologies To Achieve Industry 4.0 Innovation, Today
- Asset Tracking vs. People Positioning
- Workforce Optimization: Strategies and Benefits to Stay Ahead 
- Time and Motion Studies: Strategies and Tools to Improve Efficiency 
- Ultra-Wideband (UWB) vs. BLE
- Bluetooth vs. BLE
- What is Geofencing?